Care Net Ghana is a local non-profit organization that is dedicated to improving the quality of life of the vulnerable in society. Founded in 1996, Care Net Ghana has extensive experience addressing numerous factors that marginalize vulnerable groups especially women and children within Ghanaian communities. Over the next five years, CARE NET GHANA plans to pursue a focused geographic and issue-based strategy that builds on its existing relationships, resources and programs to contribute to the following in three Regions of Ghana:
- Ensure that children are able to complete a full course of primary school education in a decent and safe school environment.
- Promote and advocate for improved healthcare delivery, especially maternal and child health in rural Ghana.
- Achieve youth development through a multi-dimensional approach that targets the different points at which the youth needs can be addressed.
- Achieve environmental sustainability through effective community participation in conservation projects.
- Promote and protect the rights and dignity of children as enshrined in the UN Convention of the rights of children.